July 16, 2012

Stephen Covey Memorial Post



Last year, on my birthday, I had the wonderful opportunity to meet with Dr. Covey as he shared his ideas on positive consequences in the police force and the third alternative.  I was invited afterwards to share a lunch with him.  His calm humble presence spoke much louder than the words I heard from him earlier that day.  His countenance had an effect I have seen in few men. I would follow that man anywhere.  Such is true leadership.

Dewitt Jones said, "The difference between success and significance is not being the best in the world but rather the best for the world."  Dr. Covey dedicated his life to the betterment of mankind.  He is the personification of what it means to be the best 'for' the world.  The legacy he has left behind will forever be evidence of what great people can do when they are guided by their imagination and their will to help people.  

So as we mourn the loss of such a great figure, lets all strive a little harder to be better people ourselves. 

Rest in peace, Dr. Covey.

No comments:

Post a Comment